Photobucket
"Study nature, Love nature, Stay close to nature. It will never fail you." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Inspiration

I wrote this poem with my Grandma Irene in mind. The angels led her in when I was 11 years old, I miss her everyday and I know my mom does too. Here's a Happy Mothers Day to you Grandma, because I know you're always watching over me. Rest In Peace, I love you♥

She was classy and elegant
Her make was always on
And her hair never went undone
Her curly locks were like sunshine on a bright summer day
Her eyes were blue like sparkling sapphires
Truly a stunning sight to see
She had talents in everything she did
An amazing seamstress, she could have been the next Coco Chanel
She was everything  a little girl could ask for
Her kitchen always smelled of something sweet
And on her T.V. you could always hear the sounds of JAG and Law & Order
When I close my eyes I can still picture her on her back porch, looking out into the yard, cigarette in hand
Our memories are priceless and even though she's in a better place
She'll always be my inspiration
And now my mother fills her shoes
I know she they fit just perfectly
Both amazing people
Cut from the same swatch of fabric
And someday I'll fill those same shoes
I just hope I can be an inspiration too

No comments:

Post a Comment