Photobucket
"Study nature, Love nature, Stay close to nature. It will never fail you." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Caligraphy

I'm learning to fall
I'm learning that sometimes you have to lose it all
Sometimes you have to stop and breathe
I'm ready to crawl
I'm learning to walk again
Standing on my own two feet
Ready to jump into the deep
Everything happens for a reason
And I've never stopped believing
But I was silent
Instead of speaking out
I stayed knocked down
Instead of getting back up
I'm forever changed
I'm almost someone else other than myself
As I sit in my room staring at the wall
Contemplating the meaning of it all
My life is like a revolving door
That won't slow down
Forever more
As the seasons change
And days pass
Time never stops
So just keep moving on
And through it all
It feel like I've lost it all
Like I was suffocating without a sound
In the middle of it all
Trying to stand up when it seemed I just kept falling down
Oh, now I'm here to say
I never want to go back to that place
Where I always felt like I was in last place
With no prize in sight
I just never felt right
I always wanted to give up my fight
Because there was no hope in sight
I learned you have to fall, to stand back up again
I lost it all
But I'll stop and breathe
This, right here is what I'm meant to be
Oh, this pen and paper is everything to me
Without it, I don't know what I'd be

No comments:

Post a Comment