Photobucket
"Study nature, Love nature, Stay close to nature. It will never fail you." -- Frank Lloyd Wright

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

North Avenue

North Avenue Beach - Chicago, IL
Today was pretty awesome. Spent the day at my favorite place in the world, Chicago. There is nothing better than the smell of Lake Michigan, the feeling of sand in between your toes and the sun shining down all day long. Taking turns laying on my towel and swiming in the lake. Taking in the amazing skyline of the greatest city on earth. I miss being so close to the city, it kinda stinks that it takes an hour to get there. But, anyways, my day was amazing. I had the most fun I've had all summer long. I laughed so much I gave myself a headache. Jumping over the waves as they roll in, and squishing my fingers int he sand. That is love, for me anyways. I finally have a tan! It only took almost the entire summer...but hey, who cares, I got it now! haha. I can't wait to go back. I love the trains and busses and the sound of honking car horns and train horns. I think the sounds of trains in the distance is one of the most calming noises to fall asleep to. Back home in Cal City, I used to fall asleep to that every night. Every once in a while I'll hear one as I'm drifting off to sleep, but not too often. I can't wait to be back in the city again someday. I want to live there so badly, ever since I was a little girl. Suburbs and country is alright, but nothing compares to the hustle and bustle of the city. I cannot stand all these corn fields and tractors everywhere. Drives me nuts. It's a nice town and all, but it's just not my cup of tea. It's okay though, just have to wait till that someday comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment